Sunday 3 March 2013

Question 3 - Text Format


What have you learnt from audience feedback?
Who is my audience and why is feedback important?
The feedback I received from my target audience was key for the production of my music video. It allowed me to see how others viewed my project through and better understand what it is that they would like to see in a Music Video. It also enabled me to make the necessary improvements, boosting its audience appeal. The target audience that my Music Video is aimed at was of a male gender at a young age; predominantly young, white males between the ages of 13 and 30 however the group also includes those outside its core demographic base who follow its dress codes, appearance, and behaviour. They would be interested in music videos and attend the bands performances, rather than just watch them on YouTube, music channels or listen on the radio. However they would regularly use sites like YouTube or programs such as Spotify to listen to the band and others of this genre. For this purpose I chose to host my final cut of “Say Goodnight” by ‘Bullet For My Valentine’ on Vimeo over the much dominating Youtube.
Target Audience Continued
I selected this target audience as the younger end of the scale are at an age when they tend to develop the interests that will stay with them for life, rather than earlier on when interests change rapidly. These people will be in the NRS social groupings of B, C1, C2. They will also have an extensive knowledge and use of the internet making publicising and hosting my Music Video online to be an obvious choice. I chose a young cast for my Music Video; “Say Goodnight” as this was something that my audience could relate to allowing them to enjoy it more thoroughly. I also dressed them in the stereotypical clothing brands that this group of fans would dress in e.g. wearing black band t-shirts and black skinny jeans.
What I have learnt from audience feedback?
Audience feedback as drastically changed how I have created my Music Video and for the better. Feedback such as some scenes lasted too long and interest was lost gave me space to improve and create a final production that I knew my audience would enjoy. Research into my audience before production was key. This research gave me a key idea what they would like to see in the Music Video and be able to make an audience pleasing Music Video that still represented the codes and conventions of this music genre. I posted on Facebook, using the opportunity of my audience being technologically understanding to gain some insightful research and feedback through social networking. I got a lot of replies and responses resulting with valuable and positive feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment